Mediterranean Pasta Salad
A mouthwatering pasta salad chockfull of good stuff.
- 1 lb pasta cavatappi, penne or fusilli
- 1 bunch asparagus roasted, cut into 1 inch pieces, see notes
- 1 8oz sun dried tomatoes, jar, julienned in oil, drained, with 1 tbsp of oil reserved
- 1 cup pecorino romano grated
- 3/4 cup prosciutto chopped
- 1/2 cup pine nuts raw
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives sliced
- 3 tbsp basil chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil extra virgin
- 2 tsp lemon zest zest of two lemons
- 3 tbsp lemon juice fresh
Cook pasta to package directions. Once cooked, drain and rinse with cold water. Drain well and add to large bowl.
Drain sun dried tomatoes, reserving 1 tablespoon of the oil.
By this time, your asparagus will be cool enough to handle. Chop the spears into 1 1/2 inch size pieces.(Remove rough bottom ends if necessary.)
Add to pasta. Add sun dried tomatoes, chopped prosciutto, sliced Kalamata olives and pine nuts. Toss to combine.
Now add, the reserved sun dried tomato oil, and the olive oil, lemon juice and zest mixture, chopped basil and pecorino cheese. Toss gently until fully combined. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Serving: 1cupCalories: 446kcal
All content and photographs ©Claudia’s Table and claudiastable.com