- Why the Big Island of Hawaii? We decided on this island and Kauai at the recommendation of our travel agent for our big anniversary. A first for us both!
- What was your favorite sightseeing place? No doubt, Volcanoes National Park. What a surreal feeling to know you are on not only a volcanic island but on what was an active volcano until just a few years ago.
- What was your favorite meal? There were several. We always opt for local flavors when we travel and not dine in chain restaurants if possible. Our favorite was Sushi Rock in Hawi. Not your typical sushi offerings. This tiny establishment has food that is creative and delicious. Great service and a super casual funky vibe.
- What did you miss that you would do next time? Swimming with Manta Rays! So disappointed we could not do this. This was fully booked two weeks before we arrived on the island. We should have booked way in advance!
- Did you find anything off the beaten path? Yes! An amazing Kona coffee plantation tucked into the mountainside. Mountain Thunder Coffee Plantation. Super cool coffee plantation with tours and tastings. They also offer an amazing lodge with incredible views that is for rent. Great for larger groups or families traveling together!
- Any dislikes? The island is pretty spread out. Depending on what you are doing or wanting to see, you might be zigzagging around the island.
- Favorite photograph of this trip? The unbelievable sunsets…just wow!
- Would you visit again? Maybe. If the opportunity was right.
This trip consisted of two legs..the first in Kauai and then the island of Hawaii. I decided to share our adventure in a condensed question and answer format for a quick read :).
Have you been to this island? What was your favorite thing to do there?
Leave a Reply