The easiest, pantry staple salad. This fiber rich Black Bean Rice Salad is easy, healthful, great for meal prep and flavorful. This is great meal prep rice salad. Make it the night before for a dinner side and pack the rest for a healthful lunch.
I love this salad. I love that it’s a simple combination but provides flavor. You can top greens with this salad, add different cheeses or even substitute the beans. If you don’t like Cilantro use Parsley. You can add shrimp, grilled chicken or add it as part of a larger green salad. The sky is the limit on this one.
The important this for this salad is to steam the rice and ensure it’s cooked properly so the rice isn’t wet or sticky. Once it’s completely cook, I toss it with Olive oil so it doesn’t clump when it’s refrigerated. This will keep in the fridge for about 3 days.
You can add protein to the Black Bean Rice Salad. Grilled Chicken or Shrimp are great on this. Just make sure have more oil and lime if you need it.
Black Bean Rice Salad
- 3 cup brown rice cooked
- 1 can black beans, cooked canned, drained
- 1/2 cup Parsley or Cilantro chopped, leaves only
- 1/4 cup red onion chopped, finely
- 3 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 whole lime juice
- 3/4 cup feta cheese crumbled
- pepper to taste
- salt, Kosher to taste
- I use Jasmine rice and cook to package directions. Once cooked, I fluff and allow to cool without the lid so it doesn't keep cooking. This prevents it from clumping.
- Combine cooled, cooked brown rice, rinsed beans, parsley or cilantro, red onion, feta and olive oil in bowl.Add lime juice, salt and pepper.Toss gently and serve.
Nutritional information is calculated online and should be used as a guide.
All content and photographs ©Claudia’s Table and claudiastable.com