If you are looking for an easy guide on how to roast beets for salads, see below for a simple and most flavorful way to roast beets. It is fool proof and will deliver beautifully roasted beets for your favorite salads or side dishes.
Beets have had a renaissance of sorts in the last few years. We all can relate to holiday dinners over at a relatives house and there, as if an unwelcome guest, sits the bowl of beets, untouched, in the center of the table. Sad, dark beets cut into slices typically and never really feeling like they had their place on the table or on any food. Fast forward to fresh roasted beets that are slightly crunchy, more delicate in flavor and go so well our beloved goat cheese. From there, roasted beets are a blank canvas of opportunity. This Roasted Golden Beet Salad with Quinoa is just such that salad.
How to roast beets for salad – step by step
So what do you do with beets once they are cooked?
- Enjoy them as aside with simply extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar, some salt and pepper.
- Perfect with goat cheese and arugula on crostini as an appetizer.
- Beet hummus. A feast for the eyes and mouth.
- Perfect in a kale salad.
- Chopped and mixed into warm quinoa with feta, and caramelized onions.
- And even better is that they keep well refrigerated; up to 3-5 days.
The options are endless!