After today, you will never need to buy pizza sauce again. This Rich and Zesty Pizza Sauce is perfect for your homemade or store bought pizza dough, English muffins or French bread pizzas. It’s zesty and zingy and comes together in a few minutes and delivers that perfect consistency to compliment your pie. Freeze the remaining sauce in 1/2 cup portions to have handy. Easy as pizza pie.
We have been making pizza outside on our grill on a pizza stone and we are hooked. This Rich and Zesty Pizza sauce is a perfect consistency. It comes together with about 6 pantry ingredients and it freezes well. It’s subtly garlicky, spicy, rich and flavorful. This recipe yields about 2 1/2 cups of sauce; each 1/2 cup is enough for a 10″ pizza.
Place all your ingredients in one small pot or pan and stir to combine. Bring to a low simmer for about 10 minutes. Allow to cool before adding to your favorite crust.
Rich and Zesty Pizza Sauce
- small pot
- 1 15oz tomatoes, crushed canned
- 1 6oz tomato paste
- 1/2 tbsp italian seasoning dried
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic cloves minced
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper optional
- 1 pinch salt kosher
- 1 pinch pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a small pot or pan.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool before adding to dough or bread.
All content and photographs ©Claudia’s Table and claudiastable.com
If you love this sauce, you will love our Quick and Easy Weeknight Pasta Sauce!