I love a good Chimichurri. Even better? This amazing recipe for Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Red Chimichurri is from the Trejo’s Tacos Cookbook. If the name seems to ring a bell, well that’s because actor Danny Trejo has his namesake restaurant, Trejo’s Tacos located here in Los Angeles. With five locations to choose from, the restaurants cook up classic tacos, like Carne Asada and Carnitas, but there is a incredibly delicious menu that has something for everyone. This recipe is one my faves.
Herby, smoky and hot all at the same time, this dish doesn’t disappoint. This is an intense flavor profile and made all the better by allowing the flavors to meld together for a bit before serving. These are crunchy, garlicky, tangy, smoky and spicy all in one bite. These Roasted Brussels sprouts with Red Chimichurri are a perfect side dish and also a perfect addition to your favorite bowl.
The recipe comes together easily and I suggest making a couple of hours earlier before serving. The flavors of the Chimichurri soften as they sit on the warm Brussels sprouts.
How to make the Roasted Brussels sprouts and Red Chimichurri
Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
Start by cutting your washed and dried sprouts in halves. Toss with about 1/3 cup of olive oil, kosher salt and pepper. Once throughly tossed, arrange on a baking sheet. Roast for about 20-25 minutes until done.
While these are cooking, we can make the Red Chimichurri…
The sauce comes together in a couple of minutes. You need chopped parsley, chopped cilantro, chopped garlic, chopped chipotle, red wine vinegar, olive oil, smoked paprika, salt and pepper. Whisk the garlic, chipotle, vinegar, olive oil, paprika, salt and pepper. Add the parsley, cilantro and mix well.
Once the sprouts are done, remove from oven, place on serving dish and add the Chimichurri with a spoon rather than tossing. Cover with lid or foil until serving. I added a little bit of salt before serving. You can warm the dish before serving. I recommend serving warm, not hot. Delicious, Roasted Brussels sprouts with Red Chimichurri from the wonderful, Trejo’s Tacos Cookbook!
Roasted Brussels sprouts with Red Chimichurri-Trejo’s Tacos
Roasting Brussels Sprouts
- 1 1/2 lbs brussels sprouts
- 1/3 cup olive oil extra virgin
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil extra virgin
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 gloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 whole chipotle, canned finely chopped (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1 tsp paprika smoked
- 1 cup Parsley, flat leaf chopped, finely
- 2 tbsp Cilantro chopped, finely
- salt and pepper
How to roast brussels sprouts
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Wash and dry brussels sprouts.
- Cut each in half and place in a bowl.
- Once they are all halved, add olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss to coat evenly.
- Roast for about 20-25 minutes.
How to make Red Chimichurri
- Combine olive oil, vinegar, garlic, chipotle chile, paprika, salt, pepper and whisk well.
- Add chopped Parsley, Cilantro and mix well.
- Arrange roasted Brussels sprouts on a serving dish and add Chimichurri with a spoon.
- Cover and allow to sit for about 1-2 hours. (optional)
- Serve warm.
Nutritional information is calculated online and should be used as a guide.
All content and photographs ©Claudia’s Table and claudiastable.com
Get some more delicious side dishes here >>>> Salads and Sides.