This Salmon Caper Orzo Salad is such an easy, healthy salad for lunch or brunch. I love making this salad and it’s not too bad calorie wise and that’s a big plus! I think the capers make this dish-their salty, vinegary taste just compliment this mix of ingredients. This salad is inspired by my original recipe for Easy Chilled Poached Salmon Salad. As an added plus, I also use the very Easy Lemon Dijon Dressing that goes with everything!
I don’t make a fancy dressing for this. Just a simple Easy Lemon Dijon dressing that compliments it beautifully.
As a side note, the Easy Lemon Dijon Dressing is not included in the calorie count for this salad. However, the recipe for the dressing has the calorie count listed separately.
How to Make:
To start, I use a 6oz filet of poached Salmon. I poach it with a little white wine, water and a little olive oil. Once the Salmon has completely cooled. Start flaking the Salmon gently. This will also allow you to see if you have some bones in your fish. Gently go through the Salmon so you have good size chunks.
The fish should look like this when it’s flaked. Your salad will be much nicer to eat with larger chunks of fish.
Cook Orzo pasta to package directions. Allow to cool. In the meantime, finely chop 1/2 cup of celery, 1/4 cup of red onion, very finely chopped and 3 Tbsp of dill weed. Add to pasta along with 3 Tbsp of capers, drained.
Combine g e n t l y. You need not get rough with this one.
Add the Easy Lemon Dijon dressing and combine gently. Add salt and pepper to taste. Chill for about 1 hour before serving. I love this salad on top of butter lettuce or spring mix or on crackers….can’t wait to take some photos so I can enjoy a bowl of this yummy Salmon Caper Orzo Salad!!!
Salmon Caper Orzo Salad
- 6 oz poached salmon
- 1 lb Orzo pasta cooked to package directions
- 1/2 cup celery finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion finely chopped
- 3 tbsp fresh dill weed chopped
- 3 tbsp capers drained
- 1 Easy Lemon Dijon Dressing
- Cook pasta to package directions., Drain and allow to cool.
- The poached Salmon should be cooked and cooled. Flake Salmon in large chunks.
- Chop celery, onion and dill. Add to Orzo
- Add capers and Salmon to Orzo.
- Add dressing and toss gently.Add salt and pepper to taste.Chill before serving. Dressing recipe shown below.
- Chill for about 30 minutes before serving.
Nutritional information is calculated online and should be used as a guide.
All content and photographs ©Claudia’s Table and claudiastable.com