Lemon Thyme Couscous with Olives is perfect for grilled chicken, lamb or fish. Easy and quick it’s on heavy rotation here at home. Lemony scented couscous with Kalamata olives, pine nuts and some salty feta…a lot of favorites in one dish.
This can easily be customized to your taste. We love the these Mediterranean flavors, so we always eat this in variations of the above.
I cook the shallots in extra virgin olive oil with lemon pieces and thyme. This gives the olive oil a wonderful taste and scent. We don’t mind eating the lemon pieces, but you can certainly remove them along with the thyme before you add the remainder of ingredients. This recipe calls for the couscous to be cooked. You can check out our post here on how to cook it and what the yield might be.
Once this mixture is cooked, add the couscous, feta, toasted pine nuts, and olives. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve the Lemon Thyme Couscous with Olives at room temperature. This keeps well for a couple of days. You can added any leftover chicken for a quick lunch. This is an excellent side with my Simple Herb Roast Chicken.
Lemon Thyme Couscous with olives
- saute pan
- 3 cups couscous cooked
- 1 large shallot thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup lemon slice pieces
- 2-4 stems thyme 2 large or 4 small
- 3 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 2 tbsp pine nuts toasted
- 1/3 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1/3 cup olives kalamata, sliced
- Toast pine nuts in non stick pan for a couple of minutes ensuring they don't burn. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Saute shallots, lemon pieces and thyme stems until shallots are starting to slightly brown. Stir often as you don't want the lemon or shallots to burn.
- Once the shallots are done, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Remove the thyme stems and lemon (optional).
- Toss in cooked couscous, olives, feta and pine nuts.
- Finish with a squeeze of lemon, salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve at room tempature.
Nutritional information is calculated online and should be used as a guide.
All content and photographs ©Claudia’s Table and claudiastable.com