Two amazing partners right here. Beautifully roasted Za’atar Cauliflower with Golden Tahini Harissa Sauce and a sprinkling of sweet Medjool dates. A perfect match. This dish appeals to everyone. Serve with couscous in a bowl for our vegetarian friends. Serve with grilled lamb chops for our meat eating friends. Extremely versatile and extremely delicious. Make it today, todaaayy.
For those not familiar with Za’atar spice blend, (also spelled Zaatar) it’s a blend that is often used in Middle Eastern cuisine. It’s smoky and herbal all at the same time. The blend I use has Sumac, Thyme, White Sesame seeds, and salt. There are regional variances for this spice blend and you can easily make your own at home. The blend I use I buy from Penzeys, which is a spice shop here in Torrance.
We have been eating a lot of Cauliflower lately. As we know it’s really the chameleon of the vegetable world. I still surprise myself at how easily you can incorporate this vegetable into so many dishes, cuisines and pretty much always get an amazing outcome. For this dish, I’ve roasted a whole Cauliflower head with olive oil and a generous amount of Za’atar spice blend. Then topped it with an amazing Golden Tahini Harissa Sauce and added chopped dates to accent the dish. The result after several tries is delicious. It’s a tastebud overload, but in a really good way. Not to mention that the sauce will be one of your new favorites!
This is a really easy dish to cook. The cauliflower takes about 25 minutes or so to roast and the sauce comes together in a couple of minutes. You can substitute the dates for golden raisins. It will be just as delicious!
I serve this with plenty of extra sauce as it often becomes a dipping situation. Enjoy this delicious Roasted Za’atar Cauliflower with Golden Tahini Harissa Sauce!
This Cauliflower is perfect with our Couscous with caramelized onions with Feta in a bowl.
Roasted Za’atar Cauliflower with Golden Tahini Harissa Sauce
- Rimmed baked sheet
- parchment paper
- 1 large Cauliflower cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil extra virgin
- 1 tbsp Za'atar spice blend
- 4 whole Medjool dates or golden raisins chopped
- 1 recipe Golden Tahini Harissa Sauce recipe in notes
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash and dry the cauliflower.
- Cut into large pieces and place in a large bowl.
- Drizzle oil onto cauliflower and add Za'atar, Toss until completely coated.
- Place on parchment lined baking sheet and roast for about 23-30 minutes or until tender.
- Serve with plenty of Golden Tahini Harissa Sauce and dates.
All content and photographs ©Claudia’s Table and claudiastable.com