The Summer Fruit Yogurt Breakfast Bowl is a staple in our home. Most mornings, this is what we eat. It’s filling, healthy, and best of all easy. Another plus, these are perfect for meal prep and the double plus is that kids will love them as well!
Ah the bowls! We love a bowl filled with taste, colors, textures and chockfull of goodies. As I always say it’s a feast for the eyes and mouth. This beauty celebrates the bounty of my favorite summer fruits: berries & peaches. There is nothing better than ripe juicy blueberries, blackberries and raspberries. Well, maybe something equally delicious like ripe peaches. These fruits in their peak of the season are just full of flavor and the fragrant smell, all a reminder of summer.
How to make a breakfast bowl with fruit
Our favorite ways to make this fresh and delicious Summer Fruit Yogurt Breakfast Bowl is to layer Greek Yogurt in your bowl first. I like plain yogurt, but vanilla is an excellent choice. Also, you can use regular yogurt for this bowl. We like Greek yogurt in all types, 0%, 2% and full fat but the option is certainly yours. Next we layer in our berries. I like to use the holy trinity of berries: blueberries, blackberries and raspberries. Next, we slice up a ripe yellow peach and add that to our bowl. I use about 1/2 a peach per bowl. I like to add walnuts to my bowl, but you can add almonds, pecans, granola, pumpkin seeds or flax for some added fiber and crunch. The final flourish is raw honey. You can use agave syrup or maple syrup, the choice is yours. If you prepare these bowls for meal prep, I would add the nuts right before you enjoy these so they don’t get soggy.
Enjoy making these easy breakfast bowls and let us know what your favorite combination is!
Inspired by this recipe? Make sure to mention us or tag us on Instagram. All content and photographs ©Claudia’s Table and claudiastable.com
Summer Fruit Yogurt Breakfast BowlAugust 30, 2021
- 1 1/2 cup yogurt Greek, plain 0%, 2% or full fat
- 1 large peach fresh, pit removed, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups berries mixed
- 1/4 cup walnut pieces
- 1 tbsp honey raw or agave, maple syrup
- In two bowls, place 3/4 cup of yogurt in each.
- Slice peach in half, remove pit and then slice in wedges.
- Place half of the peach slices in each bowl on side of yogurt.
- Add 3/4 cup of berries in each on top of yogurt.
- Top with walnuts equally in each bowl and top with drizzle of honey.
- Serve immediately.
For meal prep
- Use a container with tight fitting lid.
- Follow instructions above but omit nuts.
- When ready to serve, top with nuts.
Nutritional information is calculated online and should be used as a guide.
All content and photographs ©Claudia’s Table and claudiastable.com
Check out our New & Delicious posts below
- Creamy Risotto with Asparagus and Seared Scallops
- Jicama Orange Salad
- Apple Cranberry Crumble
- Easy Almond Chicken Stir Fry
- Italian Cheese Ravioli with Burst Tomatoes