I accidentally came upon this Pomerita cocktail and we love it! It’s lightly tart, not sweet and light next to its traditional cousin, the Margarita. I had a bottle of La Pinta in my pantry and we thoroughly tidied up today and surprise! This interesting Pomegranate Tequila liqueur was hiding in the very back waiting to be discovered.
I followed their recipe for the simple cocktail that is lightly tart, not sweet but easy to drink called the Pomerita. It’s simply La Pinta Pomegranate Tequila Liqueur, lime juice, Agave nectar and I added a good squeeze of ripe, fresh orange. I garnished with thin slices of orange, lime and a mint leaf. It’s subtle, slightly tart and easy for a crowd to make a pitcher to share with friends. If you like Tequila based cocktails, another one to try is my Sparkling Raspberry Tequila Cocktail. Another drink that can be made by the pitcher to share.
This is an easy to find Liqueur…I found it at Bevmo. It is made with Clase Azul Tequila which is an ultra Premium Tequila made with 100% Agave in the highlands of Jalisco. It’s an exceptional Tequila and as such, it lends to the smoothness to this liqueur.
Let’s make a Pomerita
What you will need:
- Cocktail shaker
- Ice cubes or crushed ice
- Cocktail jigger (optional)
- La Pinta Pomegranate Tequila Liqueur
- Fresh, ripe limes
- Fresh, ripe orange
- Agave nectar
- Thinly sliced limes, orange for garnish.
- Mint garnish. optional
In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, use 2 parts La Pinta, 1 part fresh lime juice, good squeeze of orange, Agave nectar to taste. Shake well. Adjust Agave nectar as needed, shake well and serve in cocktail glasses with citrus and mint.
Use fresh, ripe limes for the recipe and a giant squeeze of ripe, fresh orange. The fresh citrus brightens and compliments this cocktail perfectly. Salud amigos y amigas!
Enjoy this and other cocktails responsibly. All content and photographs ©Claudia’s Table and claudiastable.com
The Pomerita Cocktail
- cocktail shaker
- cocktail jigger
- cocktail glasses
- 2 parts La Pinta Pomegranate Liqueur
- 1 part lime juice fresh squeezed
- 1 part Agave nectar
- orange juice fresh squeezed
- lime and orange slices fresh, for garnish (optional)
- mint leaves fresh, for garnish (optional)
- ice cubes or crush
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice
- Add 2 parts La Pinta
- Add 1 part fresh squeezed lime juice
- Add 1 part Agave nectar – if you prefer you can add a 1/2 part for a less sweet cocktail
- Squeeze of fresh orange juice
- Close the lid on the shaker and shake well. Test for sweetness, add more Agave if necessary. Shake again.
- Serve over ice in rocks glasses or without ice in coupe style cocktails glasses.
- Garnish with lime, orange and mint.
- For a large batch, see notes below.
All content and photographs ©Claudia’s Table and claudiastable.com