Cozy up to a heaping plate of this Easy Boneless Chicken Cacciatore with some pasta or base of your choice. This is an easy, weeknight dinner that will delight the family. Try it..tonight. Your tastebuds will thank you.
I am using skinless, boneless chicken thighs and breasts in this dish. But to be totally transparent, I prefer to use skin on, bone in chicken because it tends to be more flavorful. But when you have kids, watching your weight, etc., this is a easier, healthier option. You be you, skin on or off, bone in or not, make this easy weeknight dinner of Easy Boneless Chicken Cacciatore yours.
Like many of us, I work full time and sometimes don’t get home until later in the evening. What I do, to make it easier, is cut up all my veggies to make this chicken dish quick. I place all the produce in a container with the Rosemary and Bay leaf. Garlic separate so it doesn’t get lost.
- Bell peppers: Cut into strips
- Mushrooms: Cut in half
- Onion: cut into wedges
- Garlic: rough chop
- Pop in 2 sprigs of Rosemary, 1 Bay leaf
I serve this with pasta, zucchini noodles, mashed potatoes or mashed cauliflower and by itself. It’s a versatile dish that works well with any base.
For an easier weeknight dinner, this can also be made in the slow cooker and an Instant pot. I will update as I test for each appliance soon. My preferred method of cooking this dish is in a dutch oven on the stove top.
Easy Boneless Chicken Cacciatore
- 3 lbs chicken thighs and breasts
- 1 whole red pepper sliced
- 1 whole green pepper sliced
- 1/2 whole red onion sliced
- 8 oz mushrooms, whole white, sliced in half
- 1 cup black olives whole
- 1 cup chicken stock/broth
- 1 cup white wine dry
- 1 can diced tomatoes 14.5oz can
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp italian seasoning dry
- 1 tsp basil dry
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 1 whole bay leaf dry
- 4 cloves garlic roughly chopped
- 1 tsp salt kosher *see notes in directions
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Pat chicken dry. Add salt and pepper to chicken.
- In a large dutch oven, heat the olive oil and add chicken parts to brown. Don't crowd the chicken so it's doesn't steam, you want it nice and brown. Remove them and place them aside.
- Add the peppers, onions and garlic and saute about 5 mintues.
- Add the chicken, tomatoes, white wine, chicken broth, spices, rosemary, chicken broth, olives, mushrooms, bay leaf, salt* and pepper. Give everything a gentle toss so everything is combined.
- *Note: The chicken broth, tomatoes and olives all have salt. 1 tsp is the suggested addition of salt. I used Alessi Kosher Sea Salt for this recipe. You can use regular Kosher salt, but taste before serving.
- Place the lid on the pot and cook on the stove top on medium low heat for about 30 minutes. Cast iron dutch ovens cook much faster than stainless etc. So the cooking time is for a dutch oven.
- Remove bay leaf, rosemary stems. Serve on top of pasta or mashed potatoes and a generous sprinkling of freshly grated parmesan cheese.
All content and photographs ©Claudia’s Table and claudiastable.com