If the Classic Wedge and the Greek Salad had a baby, it would be the Greek Wedge Salad with Yogurt Dill Dressing. Two beloved salads in one. Crispy lettuce with all the delicious toppings and covered by a beautifully tangy Yogurt Dill Dressing. I’m all in.
I start with a crispy head of iceberg lettuce. Sometimes Iceberg lettuce gets a bad rap. I, for one, am a big fan. It keeps well in the fridge (not like its baby lettuce cousins) and it’s incredibly versatile. So for this, I cut in half and carefully remove the core. You want to make sure your wedges don’t fall apart. I rinse well and leave on an absorbent towel to drain and dry. While that is drying, time to make the dressing. You can also skip this part and use store bought Greek dressing. I recommend a creamy Greek dressing for this salad.
The Yogurt Dill dressing
This dressing is from one of my favorite cookbooks, Salt Fat Acid Heat. This is a wonderful book for novice and experienced cooks. It’s an A to Z in understanding in how to take your food from good to stellar. I adapted her recipe for Creamy Herb Dressing by using all Dill and Greek Yogurt for this salad. It makes an awesome dip as well for veggies or pita chips. The recipe for the dressing can be found here.
This comes together quickly but you have to soak the shallots in the vinegar for 15 minutes. It’s a must. If you don’t the dressing comes out sharp, you want the shallots to mellow. Also, I like to chill this dressing before serving, so take that into account.
Assembling the Greek Wedge Salad with Yogurt Dill Dressing
Arrange your wedges onto a platter. In between the wedges, arrange the cucumbers, red onion, bell pepper, cherry tomatoes, and olives. Drizzle dressing on the tops of each wedge so it runs onto either side. Top with crumbled Feta cheese, fresh Dill sprigs and freshly ground black pepper. Add a squeeze of lemon to tops of the wedges right before serving.
You can cut this salad into quarters for a larger dinner party to serve as a starter or appetizer. It’s beautiful on a platter and an excellent option for entertaining.
This salad is a perfect starter for my Two Ingredient Grilled Tri tip Roast.
Greek Wedge Salad with Yogurt Dill Dressing
- 1/2 whole Iceberg lettuce carefully cored, rinsed and allowed to dry. Cut into two wedges.
- 1 cup cucumber, English chopped
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes halved or quartered depending on size
- 1/2 cup red onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper or green thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives pitted
- 1/2 cup Feta cheese crumbled
- 8 sprigs Dill fresh, just sprigs, no stems
- 1 recipe Yogurt Dill Dressing
- 1/2 whole lemon cut into wedges
- Arrange lettuce wedges on the platter.
- In between the wedges, arrange cucumbers, red onion, bell pepper, tomatoes and olives.
- Drizzle dressing on the tops of the wedges so it runs on either side of your wedge.
- Top with crumbled Feta cheese, fresh Dill sprigs and freshly ground pepper.
- Squeeze lemon on each wedge before serving.
All content and photographs ©Claudia’s Table and claudiastable.com