If you are looking for an easy add on to your summer outdoor grilling repertoire, Grilled Pineapple with Spiced Rum Butter Sauce recipe will be your jam and mine too. Easy, delicious, a little boozy and served over good vanilla ice cream. 🙌🏻
The beautifully and subtly sweet Spiced Rum Butter Sauce can be made a day ahead and just warm it up before serving it. The grilled pineapple is super easy and can be made fresh right before serving. I served this Grilled Pineapple with Spiced Rum Butter Sauce with a scoop (or two) of good vanilla ice cream. It’s a perfect summertime dessert and great for two or a crowd….and did I mention easy? I’m all about the ease friends…
How to grill pineapple
For more instruction on how to grill pineapple, please see our post here.
How to make the Sauce
This recipe is adapted from Epicurious’ Spiced Rum Sauce. I used a little less sugar and more spiced rum in mine. It was spot on with the extra sweetness of the vanilla ice cream and the natural sweetness of the grilled pineapple.
What you will need for this amazingly easy sauce is:
- Brown sugar
- Whipping cream
- Unsalted butter
- spiced rum
Melt butter and sugar until completely combined. Add whipping cream and rum and cinnamon… Bring to a gentle simmer until thickened. About 5 minutes.
Serve this Spiced Rum Butter Sauce warm over ice cream, cake or like us, over grilled pineapple.
Inspired by this recipe? Make sure to mention us or tag us on Instagram. All content and photographs ©Claudia’s Table and claudiastable.com
Grilled Pineapple with Spiced Rum Butter SauceMay 3, 2021
- medium heavy pot
- container with lid for storage
- grill pan
Spiced Rum Butter Sauce
- 1 cup brown sugar dark
- 1/2 cup butter unsalted
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 4 tbsp spiced rum or dark rum
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon ground
- 1 whole pineapple fresh
- vanilla ice cream
For Spiced Rum Butter Sauce
- Use a 2 quart sized heavy pot over medium heat.
- Melt butter and dark brown sugar.
- When the sugar is completely melted, add whipping cream, rum and cinnamon.
- Gently simmer until it's reduced and thickened. About 5 minutes or so.
- Remove from heat and serve warm.
- Recipe yields about 1 1/2 cups.
- Extra sauce can be refridgerated for up to 3 days.
For grilled pineapple
- Cut the top and bottom of the pineapple.
- Slice the skin off and cut pineapple into wedges.
- Place on a preheated grill pan and grill about 5 minutes on each side. Pineapple should have grill marks and a bit tender from cooking it.
- Remove from grill and place on a platter.
- Place grilled pineapple spears on a plate.
- Add a scoop or two of vanilla ice cream.
- Drizzle with Spiced rum butter sauce.
Nutritional information is calculated online and should be used as a guide.
All content and photographs ©Claudia’s Table and claudiastable.com