This Lemon Caper Potato Salad is a refreshing alternative to regular potato salad. Want to bring a healthy salad to a bbq? Want something people will love and with a fresh perspective? So here comes an alternative: a bright, lemony potato salad. And the best part? Free of mayonnaise!
So here it is. I am not a fan of mayonnaise. It’s a love/hate thing… And I’m somewhat hypocritical about it because I have been known to take down a ton of my sister in law’s potato salad or my mother in laws macaroni salad….so I don’t prefer it, but I will eat it. Same goes for my husband. I make this salad often to pair with grilled meats or as add it to baby greens for lunch. It’s a staple in our house. So here goes…
I start by cutting the potatoes into large chunks so when they are cooked, they maintain their structure. The potatoes should be fork tender but firm.
The players: Parsley, scallions/green onions, capers and my Easy Lemon Dijon Dressing.Start by boiling your potatoes in salted water for about 15 minutes. You want firm, but cooked potatoes. There will have a little softening around the edges, that’s okay because that helps add creaminess to the salad.
Once the potatoes are cooked, drain them and rinse with cold water so they stop cooking. Allow to cool a bit. Warm potatoes are perfect to assemble the salad.
Add your chopped parsley, scallions, capers, and Easy Lemon Dijon Vinaigrette. Toss gently and serve at room temp.
You can refrigerate any leftovers for about 2 days, if it lasts! Serve the salad at room temperature.
Favorite things to serve this with? Grilled chicken, Lamb chops, grilled steak, and absolutely any fish.
Lemon Caper Potato Salad
- 1 lb red skinned potatoes quarter
- 1/2 cup Parsley, flat leaf chopped
- 1/4 cup scallions finely chopped
- 2-3 tbsp capers drained
- 1/4 cup Lemon Dijon Vinagraitte
- 1. Cut potatoes into quarters or large bite sized pieces.2. Boil them in salted water until they are cooked, but firm. About 15 minutes.3. Drain and rinse with cool water.4. Place in bowl and allow to cool for about 15 minutes or so.5. You can assemble the salad while the potatoes are warm, but not hot.6. Add chopped parsley, green onions, capers and 1/4 cup of Lemon Dijon vinaigrette.7. Toss gently until combined.8. Serve at warm temp.
All content and photographs ©Claudia’s Table and claudiastable.com