Nothing says Spring more brightly than Roasted Purple Cauliflower and their other colorful brothers and sisters. I love cooking this for Easter and it’s just a beautiful pop of color. Purple Cauliflower is natural. What causes the purple hue is the antioxidant Anthocyanin which is also in purple cabbage and wine. According to The Kitchn, this version of cauliflower has 25% more Vitamin A than white Cauliflower. Nice right?
This is an easy recipe ..if you can even call it a recipe. What stands out here is the glorious color before and after. A feast for the eyes! Don’t have purple cauliflower? White cauliflower makes an excellent roasted cauliflower. For me, roasted veggies rule.
To roast the cauliflower, I start with slicing it but you can cut it up anyway you want.
Place these beautiful bits on a baking sheet. I line my baking sheet with parchment paper. Drizzle with a good amount of olive oil, add salt and pepper and a nice sprinkling of Herbes de Provence.
Roast for about 20-25 minutes on 400 degree oven. And wait for it…
Roasted Purple Cauliflower…your new love. Look at the hue of purple folks!! So gorgeous!!
I’m serving my cauliflower with a Pork Loin with Rosemary Lemon Pan Sauce. This is an excellent add on to a power bowl. This is also a great appetizer as part of a cheese board. The options are as endless as your creativity. Did we talk about the beautiful color yet? Oh yeah, I did.. 🙂
Roasted Purple CauliflowerFebruary 27, 2020
- rimmed baking sheet
- parchment paper
- 1 head Purple Cauliflower sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 2 tsp Herbes de Provence dried
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice Cauliflower into "steaks".
- Place these beautiful bits on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Drizzle with a good amount of olive oil, add salt and pepper and a nice sprinkling of Herbes de Provence.
- Roast for about 20 minutes. Cauliflower should be tender and slightly browned on the tips.
Nutritional information is calculated online and should be used as a guide.
All content and photographs ©Claudia’s Table and claudiastable.com